[ Table of Contents ]|
Gallery is a slick web based photo album written using PHP. With Gallery you can easily create and maintain albums of photos via an intuitive interface. Photo management includes automatic thumbnail creation, image resizing, rotation, ordering, captioning, searching and more. Albums can have read, write and caption permissions per individual authenticated user for an additional level of privacy. Give accounts to your friends and family and let them upload and manage their own photos on your website!
Gallery is a third-party application. This means we have build it into Appies and taken all the labor out of the installation process, but it also means that full documentation is maintained on another site. Please visit http://gallery.menalto.com.
Installing Gallery. Like all Appies, installation is a snap. Simply visit your Appies Web Site Manager >> Applications >> Photo Gallery. Click the "Install Photo Gallery" checkbox then click the "install photo gallery application" button.
Setting Up Gallery for Use. Once installed, you must setup gallery using their "setup wizard". You will see links to this setup wizard / window in Appies after in install the application. Click one of the links to launch the window. The provided wizard will guide you through the setup.
On the first page of the setup window, you may see up to three warnings. These are just notices and not problems.
1) Missing optional binary pnmcomp.
2) I can't find jhead.
3) It seems you didn't download any additional languages.
The minimum requirements for setup are as follows:
scroll down to the bottom of page 1 of the wizard and click "Next Page ->"
enter your administration password (twice), click "Next Page ->"
nothing required on this page, click "Next Page ->"
click "Save Config ->"
done with the setup wizard, close the window
You must go back into Appies and click take Photo Gallery out of setup mode before you can access the application. This is done by simply clicking the icon.
In addition to Gallery's setup wizard, you can customize the overall look and colors of your application by using the setup variables in Appies. You can set the
- photo gallery header file
- photo gallery footer file
- link color
- active link color
- hover link color
- visited link color
- font color
- body background color
- text on background color
After setting these variables, click the "process" button at the bottom of the screen.
Choosing colors is easy by using the color picker tool. Just click the icon beside the field you would like to set. You will need to click the "process" button to set the colors as initially shown, otherwise, the default Gallery colors will be shown.
Upgrading From a Previous Version. When Appies is configured with a new release of the software, you will see the upgrade icon in Appies, along with an upgrade notice.
- Begin by clicking the icon. This will install the new version, and take your Gallery into configuration mode.
- Launch the setup wizard as instructed by Appies. Note: if you do not see "Gallery Configuration Wizard: Step 1" your upgrade did not take. take Gallery out of setup mode and click the upgrade icon again.
- Follow the instructions for setup above.
- After taking Gallery out of setup mode, click the icon in Appies to enter your Gallery. You will see an upgrade message screen. Click the "Done" button.
- Now visit each of your albums to update each album.
[ Table of Contents ]